Chief Information Security Officer
NSW Fire Brigades
As CISO, Asaf is responsible for Information security, IT Risk, Disaster Recovery and IT BCP. My priority is to develop strategy and policy for effective governance and successful delivery of IT enabled business initiatives rebuilding IT capability.
He was also appointed as the Senior Responsible Office (SRO) under the NSW Digital Information Security Policy (DISP). As a member of the NSW Information Security Steering committee, responsible for maintaining the DISP and other initiatives in support of NSW Government IT Strategy. he also chairs the NSW Working Group for DR/BCP.
Achievements and challenges include:
- To establish a fir for purpose GRC environment by integrating strategy, policy, risk, compliance, frameworks, standards, threats and continuity.
- Support service delivery, minimise risk and improve IT capability for SAP as a service, BYOD and work from any where.
- ISO 27001 information security management system for securing and providing assurance to management for a reliable and secure "000" operation and ICT delivery.
- Build environment for application security and web single-sign-on helping collaboration across organisation boundaries.
- Support building a secure enterprise IT organisation with a focus on As-a-Service model for IT services and retaining strong strategy, architecture, delivery and information skills.
- Assurance for a secure and reliable shared service SAP delivery model for partner agencies.
- Keep Information Safe through:
- Implementation of all necessary security technologies, standards, policies & procedures
- Best practice disaster recovery architecture and testing regime